This stately brick building once housed the administrative services for Good Will–Hinckley. School founder George W. Hinckley hired New York architect Edward A. Josselyn to design the two-story, Georgian Revival structure that features a wood belfry and a clock centered on the east elevation. The Administration Building was named for Amos L. Prescott (1853–1926), a successful Maine businessman who served on the board of Good Will Homes. Shuttered in 2009 after the school’s closure, it is once again functioning in its original capacity for the five programs operating on the Good Will–Hinckley campus.
Beard, Frank A, “Hinckley Good Will Home Historic District,” Somerset County, Maine. National Register of Historic Places Inventory Form, 1987. National Park Service, U.S. Department of Interior, Washington, D.C.